The Summit Neighborhood Association is a non-profit, grassroots organization devoted to improving the quality of life of residents of Summit Neighborhood.
SNA works with the neighborhood to:
- Enhance quality of life
- Advocate for the neighborhood’s benefit
- Develop and advance a vision for the neighborhood
- Create inviting ways to engage in civic life
See Summit Neighborhood Association’s Mission Statement here.
Some examples of what SNA does:
- Hosts monthly public meetings and an annual forum to discuss neighborhood issues and projects.
- Represents Summit in citywide policy-making discussions on issues such as planning, parks and zoning
- Coordinates fundraisers and social events where neighbors can gather
- Sponsors focused initiatives such as the Election Forum, Redirecting Miriam Hospital Development and Improving North Main Street
- Connects and informs Summit’s more than 3000 households through the SNA website and Summit newsletter
All neighbors are invited and encouraged to attend monthly Board meetings and share their input. See meeting minutes here.
The current Board members are:
Karina Holyoak Wood