We are marking the inauguration of Mayor-elect Jorge O. Elorza with a city-wide celebration, and a call to community service. Can you help us publicize the following events?
One Providence Day of Community Service Food Drive. Please contribute non-perishable food items to the following locations:
- Eastside Market 10 am – 2 pm
- Whole Foods (University Heights) 10 am – 2 pm
- Compare Foods (Broad Street) 10 am – 2 pm
- Knight Memorial Library 12 pm – 4 pm
- Rochambeau Library 12 pm – 4 pm
- Mt. Pleasant Library 10 am – 2 pm
Sunday, January 4th
Sunday, January 4 | 12:00 – 3:00 PM
In celebration of the inauguration of Providence Mayor-elect Elorza, join a resource fair at Providence Children’s Museum to learn about and try activities with Providence-based arts/education nonprofit organizations, including the Children’s Museum, Manton Avenue Project, Partnership for Providence Parks, Providence Children’s Film Festival, Providence CityArts for Youth, Providence Community Library, and Providence Public Library.
- Build flyers and send them floating through wind tubes with Providence Children’s Museum.
- See one-act plays from Manton Avenue Project’s recent production, Good Neighbors: the Olneyville plays!
- Build, create and explore using recycled materials with the Partnership for Providence Parks.
- Try an animation activity with Providence Children’s Film Festival.
- Create a book about arts and culture in Providence with Providence CityArts for Youth.
- Join Providence Public Library children’s librarians for story readings.
- And more!
Activities are included with Museum admission of $9.00 per person. Admission is free all day, from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, for Museum members and for Providence residents with ID or proof of residence. For more information, visit www.ChildrenMuseum.org
Monday, January 5 – Inauguration Day
1:30pm: Seating opens for Inauguration Ceremony, steps of Providence City Hall
2pm: Inauguration Ceremony
3:00pm: Reception with Mayor Elorza, City Hall, second floor
Unfortunately, the 7 pm One Providence Celebration is currently sold out. Click here to add your name to the waiting list. However, volunteering to help at the event gets you in for the night! Please click here to sign up as a volunteer.